Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Black History MONTH!

Sooooo it's FEBRUARY!!!!   Black History Month.  I can remember times like this, sitting in elementary or middle or high school... My history teach will begin talking about Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, so on and so forth.  But they never really dug deep into the history of African-Americans, what they have done and even what they are doing today.

My parents are not from this country so growing up, African-American history was very new to me.  I knew many of my friends had many stories from their grandparents and parents during those times.  But my grandparents, aunts, uncles and even my parents... nada.  They read about it but stories they told me were are about climbing coconut tress, hanging out down by the lake, going to house parties, masquerading during mass dancing down the street and riding their bike in to town having a grand old time.  So all of my black history is from the books and information I've gathered.  My parents didn't suffer oppression form the white man, but my father love's to act like it since he got here.  I'm not even gonna touch that one!!!  But I pray that this black history, more extraordinary African-American's are honored for there contributions to man kind.  I wonder if black people will ever just BE like white people, we wont need a special month just so we can be honored.

Well I'm blogging because my eyes are burning form this paper.  AH HA!!  I need my glasses... BAM!!!  Much better. Yea... so ummm... right.  I gotta get back to this paper... I'm on a roll.

God is awesome. I've been so blessed everyday... and I just praise Him for his awesomeness.  I've never felt him so close to me before. I've never felt so free in my relationships, in my prayer life, in every situation and circumstance.  Although things can go completely wrong, LIKKKEEE I don't get paid on time and my phone bill is deducting money out of my account regardless if I want them to or not.  I can't change the date or cancel the payment... SOOOOO yea but you know what.. GOD always works it out..

I remember my first night of my process for ANQ, my journal had a passage from Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all you heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all  you do, and he will show you which path to take." (NLT)  This is a TRUE TRUE statement that I have to live my life by EVERYDAY!  I pray to God, and then lean back on me.  I ask him for help and then I don't wait, so I've been learning more and more EACH day to GIVE him THE STOOL (watch this) and not make my own decisions.

With that said... I am going to get back my paper... and in the back round I've got Mission Impossible 3... just reminds me that NO mission is IMPOSSIBLE with GOD!!!  Awesome stuff right... isn't he great!!!    BIG SMILY FACE BOYYYY!!!  haha

iHeart the LORD
ps.  this is a nice piece a jewelry... if you feel in your heart(pocket) that you would like to gift me with in any form(rig or pendent )... what a blessing you would be!!!  LOL (but I'm seriously for real... )

pss. As I was searching... look at this BEAUTIFUL piece of jewelry I found... this would be a great Dean or Connection gift... HINT HINT HINT doves....



BEAUTIFUL ISN'T IT!!!

Ok... iAm OUT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment